The main goal of the P.S. (Post Scriptum) Project is to collect and publish Portuguese and Spanish informal letters, written during the Early Modern period (from the XVIth century to the beginning of the XIXth century) by people from different social backgrounds. The documents, most of them unpublished, have been kept as an exhibit within civil and religious court proceedings.
The letters will be accessible online and their publication will include:
- reproduction of every facsimile
- transcription of the text and its modernized version (in the original language, as well as in English)
- POS and syntactic annotation
- historical-linguistic classification
- social and situational contextualization of the letters
The team is formed by researchers coming from different scientific fields.
Funding: European Research Council 7FP/ERC Advanced Grant - GA 295562
Project Start: 2012