Name: Vanessa López
Professional Status: Research assistant
CLUL's Research Sector: Grammar & Resources
Research Areas: Syntax, Semantics
Other Areas of interest: Portuguese in Africa, L2 acquisition, Indo-Portuguese Creoles
- 2019: Master in Linguistics, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- 2015: Bachelor in Translation and Interpretation, University of Granada, Spain
- May 2019 to present: Research assistant in the project Possession and Location: Microvariation in African Varieties of Portuguese (PALMA) (CLUL_BI-Lic_Projecto Posse e Localização_JAN2019)
- February 2018 to October 2018: Research assistant in the project RECAP (Resources for Portuguese Learning)
- Dezember 2017 to January 2018: Collaboration in the project Portuguese-based creoles of the Dravidian space
- March to November 2017: Research assistant in the projects COPLE2 and Portuguese-based creoles of the Dravidian space (BI_Lic_01_ANAGRAMA_CLUL_LIN_00214)
- López, Vanessa (2018). "Particípios parasíticos em português? O caso do gerúndio composto". In: Revista da Associação Portuguesa de Linguística, n.º 4, 09/2018, pp. 117-133. Available in https://ojs.apl.pt/index.php/rapl/article/view/36/37.
Oral presentations and posters
- Conditional clauses in Southern Indo-Portuguese (with Patrícia Costa). Communication presented at Syntax of the World's Languages 8, INALCO, Paris, September 3-5, 2018.
- Los valores temporales del gerundio compuesto en portugués, español y gallego. Communication presented at the XIII Congreso de Lingüística Xeral, Universidad de Vigo, June 13-15, 2018.
- The temporal values of the compound gerund in Romance languages. Poster presented at the 48th Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages, York University, Toronto, Canada, April 25-28, 2018.
- Los valores temporales del gerundio compuesto en portugués. Invited speaker at the seminar of the Centre de Lingüística Teòrica (CLT), Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, January 26, 2018.
- Infinitivos flexionados no COPLE2. Poster presented at the Jornadas de PLE, Universidade do Minho, January 19-20, 2018.
- Os valores temporais do Gerúndio Composto em português. Communication presented at the XII Fórum de Partilha Linguística, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, November 23, 2017.
- Inflected Infinitives in European Portuguese: some reflections on the connection between L2 error annotation and L1 phenomena. Communication presented in the conference Bringing together Research and Practice: Language teaching, language learning and teacher training in Portuguese and Spanish, University of Lisbon, November 2-3, 2017.
- Parasitic temporal morphology: the case of the Gerúndio Composto in Portuguese. Communication presented in the Tenselessness Workshop, University of Greenwich, October, 5-6, 2017.
- Particípios parasíticos em português? O caso do Gerúndio Composto. Poster presented in XXXIII Encontro Nacional da Associação Portuguesa de Linguística, Évora, September 27-29, 2017.
López, Vanessa (2019). The non-anteriority compound gerund and its licensing conditions. MA dissertation, Universidade de Lisboa. Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Inês Duarte and Prof. Dr. Telmo Móia. [pdf]