Name: Jiaojiao Yao
Academic Degree: PhD Candidate
CLUL's Research Sector: Grammar & Resources
Research Areas: Syntax, Second Language Acquisition
- 2014-now - PhD candidate in Linguistics, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- 2010-2012 - MA in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Sun Yat-sen University, China
- 2011-2012 - Exchange student at University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- 2006-2010 - BA in English (Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language), Sun Yat-sen University, China
- 2009 - Finances training program, WIlliam Paterson University, United States of America
- 2007-2008 - Spanish language program, University of Havana, Cuba
- Freelancing interpreter and translator between Chinese, English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Organizer of Sino Finnish 100 Challenge 2017 Grand Gala, 13 of December 2017, Tongji University, Shanghai, China.
- Organizer of the workshop China and Finland - Opportunities and Challenges in the Clean Future, 17 of October 2017, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
- Simultaneous interpreter Portuguese-Chinese, Reflexões sobre as Oportunidades e Intercâmbio da Cooperação Marítima entre a China e Portugal sob o Enquadramento de "Uma Faixa e Uma Rota", 6 of September 2017, Lisboa, Portugal.
- Simultaneous interpreter Portuguese-Chinese, Three Georges Scholarship Ceremony, 29 of August 2017, at the Embassy of China in Portugal, Lisbon.
- Chinese-English host of Seminar of Ecomony and Commerce China-Portugal, June of 2017, Lisboa, Portugal.
- Organizer of 2017 Dinner of Spring China-Lusophony-Ibero-America, Grémio Literário, February of 2017, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Organizer of 2016 Forum for Cooperation in Health Industry China-Lusophony-Ibero-America, 16 of November 2016, Marriot Hotel, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Organizer of the Seminar Europe-China, 27 of April 2016, European Parliament, Brussels.
- Organizer of 2016 Dinner of Spring and Fraternization China-Lusophony-Ibero-America, 6 of April 2016, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Organizer of 2016 Forum for Development Cooperation China-Lusophony-Ibero-America, 25 of February 2016, Myriad Hotel, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Simultaneous Interpreter Chinese-English, in a forum of health, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Instructor of the Chinese language and culture, Gulf University for Science and Technology, Kuwait, 2013-2014
- Instructor of English for undergraduate students, Sun Yat-sen University, China, 2012-2013
- Instructor of Chinese as a foreign language (part-time), Sun Yat-sen University, China, 2009-2012
Communications and Publications:
The importance of comparison between Chinese and other languages for Chinese syntax study – the comparison of Chinese and Portuguese causative V-V compounds as an example.
Paper presented at 3rd International Conference on Chinese Sentence Patterns on November 11th, Nanjing, China.
Causative Constructions in Chinese and European Portuguese.
Paper presented at CLUL LingMe Conference on June 16th, Lisbon, Portugal.
A contrastive study of the positions of single locative adverbials between Chinese and Spanish.
China-today Forum 111.
A contrastive study of the positions of instrumental adverbials between Chinese and Spanish.
Jian Nan Wen Xue, 358.
The Differences of Positions of Single Adverbials between Chinese and Spanish and Their Impact on the Acquisition of Chinese for Spanish-Speaking Students.
Master’s Thesis. Sun Yat-sen University.
A contrastive study of the positions of single adverbials in Chinese and Spanish & its impact on the acquisition of Chinese for Spanish speaking students.
Paper presented at 4th Postgraduate Research Symposium, Language and Humanities-related Studies in the Pearl River Delta, Guangzhou, China.
The Application of Games in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language Classroom.
Bachelor’s Thesis, Sun Yat-sen University.